We respect your privacy and are determined to protect your personal data. The purpose of this privacy notice is to inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from). We’ll also tell you about your privacy rights and how the data protection law protects you
The privacy notice is provided in a layered format so you can scroll through the specific areas set out below.
- Who are we and important information?
- The personal data we collect about you
- How we collect your personal data
- How we use your personal data
- Who we share your personal data with?
- International transfers (Jakob look at this please)
- Data security
- Data retention
- Your legal rights
- Changes to this notice and your duty to inform us of changes
- Queries, requests or concerns
- Who are we and important information.
What is the purpose of this privacy notice ?
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how we collect and process your personal data through the use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you contact us, sign up, or make purchases.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
You must read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notice and is not intended to override them.
GR Proudlock Ltd is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as House and Home, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice. Our contact details are 15 Market Street, Alnwick, Northumberland, NE66 1SS, email@example.com, 01665 602271 for all data matters contact Brad on firstname.lastname@example.org, or 01665 602271
GR Proudlock Ltd is the controller and responsible for this website.
Third-party links outside of our control
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may also allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2.The personal data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. You can find out more about personal data from the Information Commissioners office.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows
- Identity Data includes, first name,/last name/username/marital status/title/date of birth/gender.
- Contact data includes, billing address/delivery address/email address/telephone
We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity, for example, we may aggregate your usage data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature, however, if we combine or connect aggregated data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data).nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods and services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3.HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Directly. You may give us your identity, contact and financial data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Financial Data includes bank account/payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you/ other details of products and services you may have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes IP address/your log in data/browser type and version/location/operating system and platform/ other technology on the devises you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password/purchases, or orders made by you/your interests/preferences/feedback.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and communication data include your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties/your communication preferences.
- Third parties or publicity available sources. We may receive personal data about you from third parties and public sources as set out below
- Technical data from the following parties
- Analytics providers such as google based out of the EU.
- Search information providers such as Google based inside or outside the EU.
- Contact and financial data from publicity available sources such as companies house and the electoral register based inside the EU.
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. most commonly we will use your personal data in the following circumstances
- Performance of contract. This means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Legitimate Interest. This means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your perso0nal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law) you can obtain further information about how we access our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting the administrator on email@example.com
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. This means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to
Generally, we do not rely on consent as legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You may have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org, or 01665 602271
We have set out below in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, with the legal basis we rely on to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us on 01665 602271, or email@example.com if you need details about the specific legal ground, we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below;
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis for legitimate interests|
|To register as a new customer||(a) identity (b) contact||Performance of a contract with you|
|To process and deliver your order||(a) identity (b) contact||(a) performance of a contract with you (b) necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover data due to us)|
|(a)manage payments, fees and charges (b) collect and recover money owed to us||( c ) financial (d)transaction|
|To administer and protect or business and this website(including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting the data)||(a) identity (b) contact (c) technical||(a) necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provisions of administration and IT Services, network security to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise) (b) necessary to comply with legal obligation|
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||a) identity b) contact c) profile d) usage e) marketing and communication f) technical||Necessary for our legitimate interests(to study how customers use our products and services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||a) technical b) usage||Necessary for our legitimate interests(to study how customers use our products and services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods and services that may be of interests to you||(a) identity (b) contact (c) technical (d) usage (e) profile||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)|
- WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We only share any personal data that you provide us with employees and representatives of GR Proudlock Ltd. We do not share your data with other parties, unless we are legally required to do so. Your contact details will be used for any postal orders.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Where applicable, you need to confirm if your business intends to transfer the personal data to a recipient in a country outside the EEA or an international organisation, and the existence or absence of a Commission adequacy decision or information about the appropriate or suitable safeguards adduced to secure the data and the means to obtain a copy of them. The ICO website has more information about international transfers.
- DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidently lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regular of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for a s long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use of disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means and the applicable legal requirements
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers including, contact, identity, financial and transaction data for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can say ask us to delete your data see your legal rights for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data, so that it can no longer be associated with you, for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use the information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- the right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- the right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- the right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data;
- the right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit the data directly to another data controller , known as the right to data portability, where applicable, i.e. where our processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or where we process your data by automated means;
- the right where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- the right to object to our processing of personal data, where applicable i.e. where processing is based on our legitimate interests or in the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority; direct marketing or processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above please, contact Brad on firstname.lastname@example.org, or 01665 602271
No fee required-with some exceptions
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data or to exercise any of the other rights. However, we may charge a reasonable admin fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data or to exercise any of your other rights. This is a security measure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has the right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month, occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests, in this case we will notify you and keep you updated.